- Posted by plantpro
- On December 28, 2016
- 0 Comments
Creating the perfect outdoor living space requires a keen understanding of design. The use of colors, textures, placement—even right down to furniture arrangement—is all a part of the larger harmonious space.
Homeowners who are just beginning to think about their ideal outdoor living space can benefit from the following ideas and inspirations before consulting professional landscape designers like the friendly team at Plant Professionals.
1. The most important element to beautiful outdoor room is respect. When the homeowner has decided on a theme, it’s up to the design professional to honor their wishes while taking special consideration for the existing landscape and Mother Nature’s own elements. A sloppy, rushed project won’t only look forced; it will feel that way too.
2. Incorporating new structures is crucial to transforming a backyard into an outdoor oasis. From a simple arch to an oversized doorway, framework is important—not only for creating a physical separation of a single space, but for allowing guests to feel as if they’ve shifted to a new mindset when entering the space.
3. While water features are a staple in Miami residential landscaping projects for their aesthetic properties, they provide numerous functional benefits as well. Particularly in Japanese-inspired outdoor rooms, they can be used to signify time as well as the spiritual cleansing one undergoes prior to entering a room. The soothing sounds of fountains and ponds allow for deep relaxation and mental clarity.
4. Using indoor features for an outdoor space is perhaps one of its most important design elements. A landscape professional can suggest weather-resistant furniture sets, throw pillows, teak tables—even a high end rug to cultivate the feeling of being comfortable “indoors.” Regular home entertainers might consider a fully-equipped covered kitchen with an outdoor bar.
5. To strike a balance with nature’s elements, a well-designed outdoor room should include a covered patio and other weather-dependent features like a gas or custom-built brick fire pit. A custom built enclosure will breathe life into a backyard that would otherwise be used intermittently. Like walls or an entryway, ceilings—however open they may be—provide a distinct structure to any space.
Plant Professionals are experts at creating the perfect outdoor spaces for entertaining—an especially high priority in such a beautiful city as Miami. Free estimates for residential landscaping can be arranged online or by phone: 786-574-6872.